Please sign in to post.

hotel in Sorrento

is it possible that Hotel Minerva could be booked up in MAY 09?? Tried to inquire about a reservation (after positive comments from this site) and it showed nothing available. Could that be true?? Still wanting recommendations for Hotel in Sorrento for May 09. Also thinking about spending a night in Positano.

Posted by
11 posts

it's probably possible - i tried to get reservations for our recent trip for a long time before, hoping for cancellatins etc. but to no avail. I would not recommend Settimo Cielo across the street for summer unless you know exactly what rooms you will be in as some are unbearably hot or if going during another time of year when it isn't an issue. the Staff at Ceilo are great but our stay was unpleasant due to the heat - i finally bought a fan so we could sleep (the staff said the AC was working and nothing could be done). We loved Sorrento but the next time we go we're going to stay in Positano or on the Amalfi coast - drop dead gorgeous.

Posted by
34 posts

Terri ~ You might try sending them an email. We've stayed at places that won't take reservations that far in advance and had to wait until it was within 6 months. Our favorite place in Paris won't take reservations until it is less than 4 months!

Posted by
527 posts

Terry,We stay this June in Settimo and it was great. We had A/C, frig, balcony, breakfast and a 10% cash discount for three people for 151 euros. We stayed at Hotel Minerva in 2004 and it was great a nicer pool and breakfast. They are more expensive and don't have as many balconies. I think if you email them versus the online reservation it will be available. When planning this trip I had the same problem of being way too early for quite a few hotels' online. For this trip I changed from Sicily to Sorrento in March and Hotel Minerva was fitting me in but I really wanted a balcony. If you go to www.tripadvisor.com you will get reviews. You'll see that you don't want the bottom floors Minerva and the lowest floor nor a few rooms under the street in Settimo. We were on the pool level with a small balcony (table and two chairs). The next level seemed to have bigger balconies. We enjoyed Villa Tartana in Positano 2004.