Please sign in to post.

Florence Hotels

Will be in Florence for five nights in November. This will be following a 10 day outdoor painting workshop in Tuscan countryside. I want to stay somewhere in-between "luxurious" and "charming". I will be with my 71 year old mother so convenience and comfort are important, plus we will be beat from painting. Any suggestions?

Posted by
122 posts

Hotel Alba Palace got great reviews from a family member who stayed there in the past. We're headed to Italy tonight and have made reservations for this hotel in Florence.
http://www.hotelalbafirenze.it/

Posted by
157 posts

You may wish to consider looking at tripadvisor.com for hotel reviews in Florence. People rate the hotels with such observations in mind - such as access issues that may be needed for your mother. I stayed several years ago at a beautiful hotel that was across the river overlooking the city - but that may not be what you want since it took a shuttle to get downtown and back.

Posted by
160 posts

We stayed at hotel Balcony. It is just down the street from the Duomo and the train station. Clean, safe and wonderful friendly staff.

Posted by
32 posts

Family run hotel, in centre of Florence, need to be book far in advance.

Hope it helps.

Posted by
251 posts

Hotel Pendini sounds like what you are talking about. It is in an excellent location, has the largest rooms by far that we stayed, has free internet and a wonderful, free breakfast buffet with lots of choices, not just pastries. They also have a very nice sitting area.

It is located between the Accademia and Uffizi, a few steps off the main piazza, and just a few blocks from the Duomo and Baptistry.

Posted by
261 posts

You might think about renting an apartment. It's nice to have your own kitchen and a living room to relax in. We found apartments to be cheaper than hotels. Plus it was nice to have a washer. Be aware though, that most apartment building do not have elevators. So inquire what floor the apartment is on. We had 65 stairs to the 4th floor in Florence.

Posted by
64 posts

we stayed at the hotel maxim about 1/2 block from the duomo..the rooms were large and the rates were good..the breakfast was also nice...I loved the location as you could go anywhere..free internet too

Posted by
101 posts

You might look at the website for Tourist House Ghiberti. The building and the B & B are charming, while the rooms and bathrooms are wonderfully updated. Elevator in the building takes you to the 2nd floor where the B & B is located, if you don't want to walk the stairs. Located a block and one half from the duomo. We loved it. Check tripadvisor.com reviews, and here is the website:
www.touristhouseghiberti.com

Posted by
9 posts

Just stayed at B&B Il Residenza Villini in June. A wonderful, quaint, comfortable place with large rooms, bathrooms, a quiet beautiful courtyard, wonderful owner/hosts. Breakfast is included which was quite plentiful- yogurt, cereal, croissant, meat, cheese, fresh juice, made to order coffee/cappucino/espresso. 130 euros per night. A/C and free internet included.

Posted by
103 posts

Liz: We stayed at the Residenza Il Villino in June and I happily recommend it to you. It was 140 euros per night and worth every penny (euro!). Charming, large room, private bath, substantial breakfast, meticoulously clean. And Sergio, Elizabeth and Lorenzo were wonderful hosts. They are husband, wife and son. Friendly, helpful, and enthusiastic about their city. Go to www.tripadvisor.com for photos and reviews. It's also recommended in Rick's guide.