Please sign in to post.

hotels in Milan

I'd love some recommendations on hotels in Milan..inexpensive, clean, nice and either a shuttle to the train or close enough to walk.

Thanks Pam

Posted by
295 posts

Pam, I'd sure check the Graffiti Wall section on RS's Italy guidebook. There are some great up-to-date recommendations, and some descriptions of hotels in RS's guide that have turned out to be really dreadful dogs. Really dreadful to avoid.

Posted by
2598 posts

I stayed at Hotel Berna in 2006 (see Here). It was close to train station and metro stop, giant breakfast buffet, free non-alcoholic mini bar. Double check TripAdvisor reviews to confirm recent traveller experiences.

Posted by
1540 posts

The Hotel Charley has been recommended to me and I'm thinking of staying there October. The location looks ideal. Walking distance to the Centrale Train station and the main shopping street.
Frances

Posted by
3261 posts

We stayed at Hotel Charly in April and I wasn't crazy about it. It is a good location--near the train station--but our room was dark and dreary. We tried the Best Hotel for our return trip and it's also good for location (near the train station) but I wouldn't stay there again--the room was tiny and the breakfast wasn't great. Bottom line: I don't have a good recommendation for Milan near the train station--either Best Hotel or Hotel Charly are fine for location and reasonable price but don't expect too much.

Posted by
7737 posts

We stayed at Hotel Charly five years ago and had a lovely if small room that opened out onto their back garden. And the AC worked really well, which we appreciated.

Posted by
51 posts

Thank you everyone...We've book a hotel and are set for this part of the trip.
Pam

Posted by
81 posts

I just got back from there and stayed at the Amadeus Hotel. It's right near the train station and an easy Metro to the Duomo. I think it was 60 euros a night with breakfast - booked online.

Hotel Amadeus – Via Vitruvio, 48

Posted by
1540 posts

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Soperga near the Centrale Station? It is on Via Soperga, 24.
The comments from previous guests sound good.
The location sounds ideal.
I'm looking for a budget hotel near the centrale station for 2 night in mid October.
I'll need to be ona 10:30 AM flight our of Malpensa
and was going to catch an early AM train.
Thanks for any info you can provide.
Frances