Please sign in to post.

Accommodations in Cinque Terre?

How soon can I reserve accommodations for May 2009 in any of the villages of CT? All the hotels say there is no availability-are they booked already?

Posted by
186 posts

Possible---but it may be that they just won't book quite that far ahead. Cinque Terre reservations can be a bit quirky.

Posted by
152 posts

Hi Karen. They're not full. We stayed this May in Vernazza and found that most places only started taking reservations 3-6 months before date of arrival. We booked about 4-5 months early and had plenty of choices. Many rooms are offered by individuals and/or small businesses and they just don't want the hassle of people booking so far in advance and then cancelling. If you keep an eye on it, and try with a bit less than 6 months you'll be fine. Have fun. Cinque Terre is a magical place.

Posted by
606 posts

A few weeks ago I tried to book a hotel in CT for May 2009 and they said they was full. I wrote back clarifying that I was talking about NEXT YEAR and they wrote back saying oh, they'd assumed I was talking 2008.

They said to contact them again in January and they'd be happy to make a reservation for May 2009.

I had no problem booking regular hotels in Siena, Lucca and Florence (as well as Civita B&B) for next year, but the CT hotel and the agriturismos all said it's too early, to contact them again in January.

Posted by
1589 posts

The CT area is unlike any other area of Italy. General business rules and practises do not seem to apply. Expect vagueness in attempting to secure any lodging in advance. E mails and faxes are often ignored. Language gaps abound. Above all, DO NOT MISS THIS AREA OF ITALY ! It is magical.