Please sign in to post.

SCAVI TOUR

Over a month ago I wrote by email to request a SCAVI tour in October for 4 people. I heard nothing. So a week to 10 days after the first email I wrote again and told them the parish we live in in the US--and again requested the tour and gave our full names, the dates we were available etc. We still have heard NOTHING and I"m waiting to book other tours until I hear from Scavi. Any suggestions???

Posted by
2207 posts

You could always call them direct. They are open from 9AM-5PM, Rome time - that's 2 AM-10AM your time!Their phone number is +39 06 6988 5318. From the States dial 011 39 06 6988 5318. They WILL NOT accept a reservation from you over the phone but perhaps you can follow up on your "missing" confirmation! Good Luck!

Ciao,
Ron

Posted by
1127 posts

Check your bulk/spam folder to see if the automated response that your request was receive was routed there. You will not receive a response if your request was declined. The office receives too many requests to answer every one. If you book tours through a company like Angel Tours you do not need to pay until the end of the tour. If you are accepted to the Scavi Tour you can rearrange things without penalty.

Posted by
508 posts

The last time we went on the Scavi tour, I sent a request at the end of March for the beginning of September. We didn't hear back until mid-June. The previous time, the response didn't come in for almost 4 months.

Also, I second the idea of checking the spam folder. That is where I found my response....