Please sign in to post.

Best place to meet another arriving party in Rome FCO Airport

Our group arrives at Rome FCO Airport on June 26th. Part of our group arrives on Delta Flight 76 from Atlanta at 11:20 a.m. and the rest of us arrive on Alitalia Flight 621 from Los Angeles at 12:10p.m.. Where would be the best place for us all to meet up in the airport? We will then be taking the train to the main train terminal in Rome. Thanks for your help. .......Mark

Posted by
1317 posts

I'm not that familiar with FCO but since you plan to take the "Leonardo Express" to Termini, why not just meet at the train platform?

Posted by
2207 posts

Mark,

The Arrivals Concourse "C" was still closed last week when I picked up a party so it's safe to assume that it's STILL closed. That said, all international flights are being routed through ARRIVALS TERMINAL "B".

As you exit from the luggage claim area into the Main terminal you will walk through frosted, sliding glass doors. On the other side of these glass doors, you'll see the to your immediate left an area with a huge SIGN - in English that says MEETING POINT. I would meet there... it's where all the cruises push off from, the limo drivers are, etc.

So HEAD left as you exit through the frosted doors, go 35 feet and you're standing under the MEETING POINT sign.

Also in this area (a little further to the left as you exit - perhaps 100 feet) is a small cafeteria with chairs and tables. Also a good spot to meet!

If you're headed to the Leonardo Express, you would turn RIGHT as you exit the frosted doors, follow the signage about 100-120 yards, Turn left and go down and then up the escalators to the train terminal at FCO!

Hope that gives you some options!
BTW, it's turned into a beautiful day in Roma today!!!!

Ciao,
Ron

Posted by
5 posts

We'll have a similar situation on June 18th, but the wait time (between the arrival time of the first passenger and that of the other) is a couple of hours, and the passengers are in their 70s.

Are there seats in the Meeting Point area to sit down? Otherwise, would Chef Express Restaurant and Cafe on the arrival level of Terminal B/C be a good alternative to use as a meeting place?

The Cafe mentioned in Ron's posting, if it is called Cafe Express, opens at 11:00 am (according to the official airport website)... Our first passenger will be arriving at 10:00.

Thank you!

Posted by
2207 posts

I was at the airport today and there is limited seating under/near the "Meeting Point" signage. The cafe' is also available for seating. Talking with folks at the airport today the C Arrivals terminal, currently under "renovation" will be closed up to 3 YEARS! ( I found that hard to believe and the Commune di Italia rep said, "This is Italy, things move a little slow!").

Nevertheless, we will all be coming in through the B Arrivals terminal for the foreseeable future.

Ciao,
Ron

Posted by
5 posts

Ron et al.- Just wanted to thank you all; the information you provided (as well as Ron's verifications) proved to be extremely helpful in convincing my aunt and uncle that they'll be just fine finding each other. I couldn't have done this without you help. Thanks.