Please sign in to post.

dress length

Is dress length an issue any where else in Europe other than Italy. I would like to take some modest tasteful dresses that are slightly above the knee. I'll be going to England, France, Belgium, Austria, Switerland, and Germany in addition to Italy with an organized tour.

Posted by
64 posts

Sara.
I have not been to all the countries you will visit, but I have been to 4 of them, and no, none of them are as strict on dress code as Italy. But in Italy, the only restriction is for entering churches. Does not include museums, etc. So you should be fine in the other countries, including churches.
Debby

Posted by
1455 posts

Sara, I noticed this post is also in other forums here. Are you more concerned about getting into churches? Or the modesty issue per the country you are visiting??

If its a church issue, then just make sure you have a skirt, leggings or something that will cover the appropriate part of your legs and a scarf for the shoulders.

If its an issue where you're used to wearing revealing things and you are trying to be considerate of the country's view on decency, wear what you feel is comfortable, yet conservative enough (to your liking) for you.