Please sign in to post.

trip to Italy

I will be visiting Italy for a few days with my daughter who has never been to Europe before. I only have 2 days available for Rome possibly 3 if I dont take a train for day tour in Florence. Can anyone suggest an itineray for Rome so I can make the most of our time? Is hiring a guide an option? How much does that cost? Any suggestions on hotels? Thanks.

Posted by
192 posts

Husband and I stayed at the Hotel Lancelot in Rome a year ago. It is about a 5-min. walk from the Colosseum. Very friendly staff, very nice breakfast and supper, very clean, very safe, and it has an elevator.
We took a tour of the Colosseum, climbed Palatine Hill (beautiful!), found the Mouth of Truth, saw the Spanish steps and the Trivoli fountain, took a tour of the Vatican. If you are nuts for art, see the Vatican, if you are nuts for history, see the Colosseum. The Col. tour is self-guided, the Vatican one isn't.
Enjoy the gelato!

Posted by
160 posts

Ivette,

Sometimes outside the coloseum there are college students who conduct tours of the coloseum and the forum. I went last February and took one of their tours and it was great. Very informative. Also if you are going to be there a short time I would do some research on the net and plan what you'd like to see and then plan a route of the easiest way to get to all places. Good luck and have blast.