Please sign in to post.

Night Train Venice to Naples

My husband and I are traveling in Sept and will be taking a night train from Venice to Naples. I was wondering if anyone else has done this trip and if there is any advice?
How far in advance should I make the reservations for the night train, I heard that you should do it early. But how early is early? 60 days? 30 days? one week? Thanks!!

Posted by
1127 posts

I'm not a big fan of night trains because I am unable to sleep on them but you may have better luck. The night train departs a few minutes after midnight and arrives in Naples at 10am. As long as you can leave your bags at your hotel in Venice until you depart it can work. I don't think www.trenitalia.com will let you make reservation more than 45-60 days in advance. I'd book 30 days in advance because it is a night train.

Posted by
8700 posts

The advance booking maximum at trenitalia.com is 60 days. Since night trains often sell out, I also recommend booking at least 30 days in advance.

Posted by
27 posts

Great Thanks so much! I can sleep pretty much anywhere luckily so that wont be a problem and now I will make my reservations 30 days in advance! I appreciate the responses! Happy travels to everyone!