Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Rome?

We will be in Rome in October for about a day and a half. Coming in by train from Sorrento on a Monday and leaving FCO on Wednesday morning. Any suggestions for accomodations that would be convenient for this?

Posted by
1589 posts

What time is your flight on Wednesday morning? If it leaves later then 9 am, stay at one spot in Rome for both nights. Hundreds available in October.Use the search feature for some suggestions.If you leave earlier then 9, stay at one of the airport hotels on Tuesday night.Have a great trip!

Posted by
7 posts

Thank you. Our flight leaves at 10:20 am. I will search as you suggested.

Posted by
23546 posts

We have used Aberdeen, Sonya, and Contilia all in the Termini area. Sonya and Contilia are much closer to the station and we slightly prefer Sonya over Aberdeen because of the breakfast. All three stars. Contilia is slightly lesser quality and is our backup if we cannot get into the first two or just want a quick overnight or two.

Posted by
139 posts

We were there in April. Stayed at Hotel Aberdeen. Close walk from train station. Rick recommends. You won't be dissapointed. Convenient to Spanish Steps, Colesium etc. if you are into walking.

Posted by
934 posts

Hotel Italia and Residence Adler are both near the RR station.Adler arranged a 40E cab ride for 4 of us to the airport.

Posted by
632 posts

Diane,

I suggest the Hotel Suisse near the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain...a double in the high season is only 170 Euros...you can't beat this for value in this part of Rome.

http://www.hotelsuisserome.com/

Check it out.

Posted by
2023 posts

I recommend Hotel Parlemento which is closer to Trevi, Spanish Steps, and Campo Fiore. The choice of restaurants is great over in that area--especially CF. We stayed at HP last November for five nights for 105 euro per night which is quite good for Rome. We have stayed at Aberdeen and Oceania but this hotel is a better value and location--plus the breakfast is very good.

Posted by
267 posts

last month we stayed at the best western hotel canada about a 5- 10 min walk to the termini. very nice place with breakfast buffet. we had an early flight so the hotel set up our taxi 45 euros flat rate. good luck:):)