Please sign in to post.

Car Rental Drop off in Florence

I will have rental car in Tuscany then drop off before taking train to Venice. There are no drop offs in train station, and not sure I want to drive downtown to drop off. Is airport reasonable to get to, to drop car off, then go to train station to get train to Venice all before 10 or 11 am? We don't usually rent cars on trips, so it is all new to us. Thanks!

Posted by
4 posts

Yes. The airport is easy to get to and there is a regular shuttle bus to the bus station in town which is about one block from the train station. We have done it and it is very easy. The airport is actually very small and returning the car is easy and the shuttle bus stop is right outside the door. Best I remember, the trip into town is about 20 minutes. Hope this helps.

Posted by
6898 posts

From the airport, you want the Volainbus by ATAF. It terminates at the SITA bus station which is a long block from the main train station.

Posted by
632 posts

Good idea. We dropped off a Hertz car in town near the station...it was located on a one way street (not marked very well on many maps). We kept circling the area trying to figure out how to get there until I parked the car in frustration and walked to the Hertz office and asked them. In order to drive to the office (two blocks away from where I parked), I had to drive a very circuitous route of over 2 km.