Please sign in to post.

Christmas in Italy

We will be in Rome over Christmas 2008; then going to Tuscany for 6 days; then Venice for 3 night. I would like to have some suggestions of where a family of 4 should stay (one room) that is reasonably price. We plan on going to Midnight Mass at the Vatican for Christmas; want to stay at a Agriturismo in Tuscany; and have no idea in Venice. Would love suggestions of where to stay, eat, and anything else you would like to share.

Posted by
55 posts

I booked a room for this summer at Hotel San Carlo in Rome. I booked it because they have a quadruple room which has a double room, and an upstairs with two single beds which will be perfect for my family of four. The price is VERY reasonable and the person I spoke to on the phone was VERY nice and helpful. It is 220 euros a night for the quadruple room. You can see a picture of it at their website: www.hotelsancarloroma.com I'm really looking forward to staying there. Also, breakfast is included which is a plus. If christmas mass in rome is anything like easter, theres going to be tons of people there! but it is a once in a lifetime experience!
Hope this helps!