Please sign in to post.

Reservations

I have read that I really MUST reserve tickets ahead of time for the Uffizi & Accademia museums in Florence. I have already done this. Should I also get tickets for the Museo dell'Opera as well? I will also be visiting Rome and Venice. I have emailed Angel Tours to see if it is too late to get a tour (We will leave USA in 6 days and will be in Rome in about 13 days.)
Are there other venues that I should have advance reservations/tickets for?? What about the Colosseum? Anything in Venice? We have kids and don't want to stand in long lines. THANKS in advance for info!

Posted by
705 posts

I htink you should be OK. The worst is always the Vatican museums and I don't think there is any way around queuing. I did the Angel tour of the Vatican and what they do to lessen the queuing time is that the poor guide joins the queue and sends you off to get a coffee or gelati and then rejoin him/her in the queue at a given time. This was brillaint as we only queued for about 20 minutes max. I think booking for the Colosseum may be a good idea too. Again Angel tours do one - I didn't do it but spoke to some in my group who had and they said it was great. Also went to Venice on my trip and the only thing I noticed that had a queue was the tower that you can go up to see all over Venice in St Marcos Square. I also did the palace and didn't queue at all. I did the self guided tour and really enjoyed it. The cathedral did have a queue but again very short. This was in March and it may be busier when you're there - perhaps on your 1st day check things out and make a decision.

Posted by
705 posts

I think you should be OK. The worst is always the Vatican museums and I don't think there is any way around queuing. I did the Angel tour of the Vatican and what they do to lessen the queuing time is that the poor guide joins the queue and sends you off to get a coffee or gelati and then rejoin him/her in the queue at a given time. This was brillaint as we only queued for about 15-20 minutes max. I think booking for the Colosseum may be a good idea too. Again Angel tours do one - I didn't do it but spoke to some in my group who had and they said it was great. Also went to Venice on my trip and the only thing I noticed that had a queue was the tower that you can go up to see all over Venice in St Marcos Square. I also did the palace and didn't queue at all. I did the self guided tour and really enjoyed it. The cathedral did have a queue but again very short. This was in March and it may be busier when you're there - perhaps on your 1st day check things out and make a decision.

Posted by
705 posts

Excuse the terrible spelling in the above. One other thing if you go to the Cathedral in St Marcos Square try to go around 12.30 as they illuminate the gold ceiling. It's amazing at tany time but when it is lit is just incredible.

Posted by
2 posts

I read on another site that you can get Pantheon/Colloseum tickets faster if you go to the Pantheon first. We will arriving in Rome in three weeks and I am going to try this tip. Hope it helps