Please sign in to post.

baggage storage

I'm flying into and out of Rome and would like to leave an empty suitcase at the main train station for wine and other things I pick up while traveling. Has anyone done this? Can I put it in a locker for three weeks? Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted by
23267 posts

There is a manned baggage on the lower level (right side as you face the tracks). Don't know if there is a time limit. Most lockers are restricted to 24 hours.

Posted by
4555 posts

You might as well purchase a cheap suitcase over there to bring your stuff back. Left Luggage at Termini station costs 5 Euro/day, while at Fiumicino airport it's 3.50 Euro/day. That's anywhere from about $120 to $175 for each piece.

Posted by
208 posts

You can buy a suitcase in Rome cheaper than it cost you to store a bag. I bought a medium suitcase (24in maybe 25in)for 27Euros a year and a half ago. There are stands in the streets and little shops. I bought mine across the street from the Hotel Aberdeen in a little shop there.

Posted by
1317 posts

Dennis, consider buying a foldable tote/duffle bag. Rick sells them as does REI (where I got mine for $10) and I'm sure a number of other places. Much cheaper than storing an empty suitcase in a locker.

When not in use, they take up almost no space and can sit in the bottom of your bag while travelling. Then you can shove your dirty clothes and other non-essentials into the duffle/tote and check it for the flight home, freeing up your carryon for your precious buys. Wine, unfortunately has to be checked, so I recommend large ziploc bags and soft, padded clothing.