Please sign in to post.

storing luggage in rome

this may sound impossible, but is there some way my husband and i could see (some of) rome in one day and spend only one night or no nights there? could we rent lockers during the day for our luggage somewhere (such as the airport)? also, if anyone has suggestions on a place to park rental car during the day, that would also be helpful. any experience would be much appreciated!

Posted by
2207 posts

Kim,

I LIVE in Rome and get nervous when I park my motorino in certain spots... I agree with Kent - probably not a good idea.

Rental cars are the #1 theft target here in Italy. My Platinum AMEX will not even cover insurance on rentals. There are no lockers for rent - not even at Termini. Yet there is a "left luggage" counter at Termini but you have to wait in line, limited hours, etc. Again, I just would not go this option. At least sepnd one night in Rome!!!!!

As far as parking a car in Rome - There are 3 million cars here and only 300,000 parking spaces... Heck, many hotels do not have parking. Know your options (talk with a hotel if you book) before you come. Nothing is worse than having your rental car "booted" in Rome (well, maybe if it disappears?) - Again, I like Kent's response and advice... Rome is to beautiful for just one day! Ciao!