Please sign in to post.

12days in Tuscany in Sept

We will be in a La Spezia for 6 days and Siena for six days as well.

We will be arriving in Milan
Is it possible
Would like to see C T
Lucca. Montalcimo Montepulciano
San Geminano Pienza. Portovenire

What would be the perfect itinerary
Thinking too of spending only 4 days in Siena and 2 in Lucca

Thought we would spend 2 days in Stressa before leaving from Milan

Hi there,

It's certainly possible, although unless you really like to take it leisurely I think six days in La Spezia is a bit much. Why not stay in Cinque Terra itself? There's some lovely small guesthouses and I'm not a big fan of la Spezia itself.

With regards to Siena, again I think six days is too long, but without knowing how you travel it's hard to judge that. Are you getting over to Florence? I would perhaps look at taking a couple of days out of Siena and adding Florence (unless you have been before).

Posted by
8 posts

Thank you
How does this sound? Milan to Pavia
Stay 2 days
Spent 3 days in Vernazzi, 4 in Lucca
4 in Montepulciano
2 in Stressa Train home from Milan

Trying now for day trips from each
Suggestions ??

Posted by
4105 posts

Are you traveling by train or car? This would determine where we would recommend to visit.

Example how are you traveling between Lucca and Montepulciano then to Stresa.

Itinerary looks good, but would take 1 nite from Lucca and add it to Stresa.

Possible day trips from Lucca.

https://www.tripsavvy.com/lucca-day-trips-1547602

Posted by
255 posts

If you visit Lucca, I highly recommend the Puccini concert at the San Giovani Cathedral. 7:00 nightly (19:00), year round, 1 hour long, no need to purchase tickets ahead, but be sure to be in you seat prior to start time. Beautiful voices and piano accompaniment with perfect acoustics. Before or after the performance, take a look at the layered excavation of Roman ruins inside the cathedral.

You may get to hear the supranno warm up, absolutely ethereal!

Posted by
255 posts

While visiting the cathedral in Sienna, be sure to venture into the room displaying the exquisitely illuminated sheets of music on display. I would return to Sienna simply to see that they were real, not something I saw in a dream!