Please sign in to post.

Travel times

Hi all! Can anyone tell me please how long it takes to get from Rome to Civitavecchio port via shuttle or taxi? Also, how long is the travel time by train from Siena to Rome? Is it necessary to book train tickets in advance? If so, at which website? Thanks! Melanie

Posted by
6898 posts

Melanie, there is a train that runs frequently from Rome Termini to the Civitavecchia train station. It takes 52min-80min depending on the train run out of Termini. Cost is 10.50Euro. You can walk up to the ticket window and buy the ticket. You don't need to book in advance. From the train station, you walk 4 blocks to the port entrance and then catch a shuttle to the ship.

Siena to Rome by train will take you about 4.0hrs. The train station is about 1km from the town. It's quite an uphill walk. There are buses at the train station that will take you to and from the town.

Posted by
1 posts

Were you able to take the train from Rome Termini train station to the Civitavecchia Cruise Port? What if we have baggage?

Posted by
5 posts

Actually, the trip I just returned from on 10 June was an 8 day biking trip thru Tuscany with Backroads. But, I am returning to Rome August 1st and will be taking the cruise at that time. So, I won't know about the Civitavecchia train till then. SOrry!