Please sign in to post.

Venice Hotels

We are looking at Hotel Antiche and Locando Orseolo. Any reviews? Thanks

Posted by
1501 posts

Better websites for checking hotel quality are: Venere.com and Booking.com
Both of these websites require an actual stay in the hotel before posting reviews. Roninrome will verify this. Sometimes Tripadvisor reports can be made by a friend of the hotel owner, or his competitor across the street. I say this in all honesty, despite the fact that I personally post on Tripadvisor. I've never had to show proof of a stay. Not so with the other two.

Posted by
5 posts

I just returned from a trip to Venice and stayed at A Tribute to Music. It doesn't have a beautiful Italian ring to it, but it was a good place to stay. It is on the Lagoon, not too far from San Marco Square, between two Vaporetto stops. The room was large and comfortable, and we looked out on the lagoon. I could have just sat and watched the world go by from my window, but of course that's not why I went to Venice.

Posted by
1446 posts

We stayed at Locanda Orseolo for 5 nights in late August of this year. We enjoyed the hotel immensely. The room itself was comfortable and clean and we enjoyed the view over the canal. I loved getting ready in the morning while listening to the gondoliers singing and the accordionists playing, etc. The staff were wonderful and the breakfast was also very nice. We loved the home made omelets and crepes! The location can't be beat and we were right in between St. Mark's Square & the Rialto bridge. I would not hesitate to stay there again and my husband and I both felt that the room rate was very reasonable for the high caliber of service we received. I ed the hotel based on the Trip Advisor reviews and felt that the positive reviews were very accurate. I have no experience with Hotel Antiche but if you are lucky enough to reserve a room at Locanda Orseolo, I don't think you'll be disappointed. If you are flying into Venice and staying at Locanda Orseolo, you might consider hiring a private water taxi to take you directly to the water landing of the hotel. We came and left via the water landing and it was a neat experience. Happy travels.

Posted by
5 posts

Thank you all. Sheron, we are flying out of Venice, so I guess it's convenient to get to airport from Locando Orseolo also?

Posted by
7209 posts

A better way to read TripAdvisor reports is to look at the number of posts/reviews left by the user. A person who has 1 review - I totally ignore it. A person who has 3000+ reviews/postings (like me) is much more trustworthy. TA is still a good place for information - you just have to know how to use it.

Posted by
7737 posts

I agree 100% with Tim. I wish TripAdvisor had a setting where you could exclude reviews made by someone who has done only one review. I also look to see if the TA reviews are recent, giving more weight to those.