Please sign in to post.

110openBus - Rome

What's the best alternative to the 110openBus/hop on hop off in Rome that is no longer in business ?
Who do you recommend now ?

Posted by
4152 posts

None of the HO/HO bus tours are very good in Rome. Most of the main tourist sites are in pedestrian zones so the buses cannot get closer than a few blocks away. It will be much less expensive and easier to take public transportation between the sites.

Donna

Posted by
15795 posts

I'll vote with Donna: reviews on all of them are pretty lousy, and you can get there just as easily and less expensively with a combo of public transit and your own two feet. As she stated, the buses can't access the pedestrian zones so you have to be able to do some walking anyway. Besides, there's so much you'd miss by only going to where the hoho's stop!

Posted by
11613 posts

There are two electric minibus routes, 116 and 117, such get into the Centro Storico. Regular bus ticket for these. The 116 runs from the Borghese park to the parking garage near Saint Peter's Basilica.

Posted by
247 posts

As long as you don't have any mobility issues the Metro and walking are the best ways to see Rome (In my opinion of course). I enjoyed wandering through Rome equally as much as I enjoyed seeing the "big sights". It is a very+ beautiful and active city.

I always see so many interesting little places as I walk from one site to another. The regular busses in Rome are handy at the end of a long sightseeing day but, in general, the Metro is faster/easier to cross long distances quickly.