Please sign in to post.

hotel in positano

my husband and i want to book 3 nights in the Residence la Tavolozza in positano. had great reviews on tripadvisor. we want to to a day trip to amalfi and one to capri...anyone stayed here? did you like this place? comments?

Posted by
6 posts

i checked out all of them on the first page and it looked as though the ratings were just as good or better than others i've seen.

any other suggestions of places to try instead?

Posted by
6 posts

p.s. a good italian bfast is a MUST for wherever we end up!

Posted by
135 posts

It is very, very nice- we've been there twice. Celeste doesn't speak much english, but enough for us to get by. The room we've had (same one, both times) was large, with huge terrace, partially covered, partially uncovered, overlooking the duomo- literally right off the porch. The view from La Tavalozza is roughly the same as from "La Sirenuse" and 20% of the cost to stay there. I cannot say enough good things about both the accomodations and the town itself. Food is great. And you can get boat connections to and from Positano to Amalfi, Sorrento, Salerno, Capri, and Naples, as long as the seas are not too rough- which can allow you to skip the Sita bus (if you desire).

Posted by
27 posts

We stayed there for five nights in May 2005 and loved it. Celeste and her daughter and sisters were great. We want to get back there one day and stay with them again. We paid 85 Euros per night. We had a small balcony that looked over the town and water. There was a small kitchen with the room. The rooms were simple but very clean. Every morning we would walk down the street to a cute little bar and get cappuccino and pastry. The dinners there were great and not that expensive.
It was a great base to day trip from. We went to Pompeii via train one day, Capri by boat one day, Amalfi and Ravello by bus one day.

Posted by
16 posts

Thank you everyone! You've made my choice easier. We are going in September 08.

Posted by
1 posts

Today I was talking to our receptionist about this exact residence as she is planning a trip to Italy with her daughter. My wife and I spend a couple of nights there in 2001 and we absolutely loved it. Friendly hospitality and great views. Try Chez Black (restaurant on the main water front) It is cozy and has great food! Who ever goes to Positano won't regret staying there! Simple yet very clean rooms.

My wife and I will definately return to La Tavolozza!

Posted by
27 posts

I haven't been able to reach this hotel. Tried the email in RS's book and it got kicked back. How do I find out if there is availability or contact site or email?

Posted by
51 posts

Can anyone give me an idea of the cost per night at the Residence la Tavolozza in positano?

Posted by
1 posts

We are planning on staying at the Residence la Tavolozza as well. Did anyone find a better email to contact them with as I was wondering what was the best way to make a reservation... Thanks

Posted by
8 posts

does anyone know how to book this hotel? They don't seem to have a website.