Please sign in to post.

Euro Railways

Has anyone traveled on Euro Rail from Florence to Paris recently? Would you recommend?

Posted by
4105 posts

Have to agree with Ken, easyjet Paris-Pisa 1H40 m fares as low as 43E
Train Pis-Florence 1H13m 7,80E

Posted by
23178 posts

First off, there is no such thing as Euro Rail so no one will have traveled it. Rail Europe, Eurail, etc, are all basically travel agencies selling train tickets in Europe and not train companies. If you want to take the train from Florence to Paris you go the bahn.de site scheduling information and buy your ticket at Trenitalia.com

Posted by
11613 posts

As of this morning Trenitalia schedules beyond June 8 haven't been loaded yet, if you get a "no solution possible" message don't worry, keep checking every few days.

Posted by
32171 posts

Cheryl, For checking rail schedules, the www.bahn.com/i/view/USA/en/index.shtml (German Rail) website is one of the most useful for researching trips in all parts of Europe. It has details for all the national rail operators - SNCF (France), Deutsche Bahn (Germany), Trenitalia (Italy), SBB (Switzerland) and OBB (Austria). However, I believe they only sell tickets for those trains originating in Germany (one of the others may have further information on that). I haven't checked, but the trip will likely involve Freccia trains from Florence to Milan, Intercity to someplace in Switzerland and then TGV to Paris. Although the Freccia and TGV travel at up to 300 kmH when they get going, that will still be a LONG travel day. A more efficient use of your holiday time would probably be a budget flight. I haven't checked flights from Florence, but you could consider an EasyJet flight from Pisa to Paris. Happy travels!