Please sign in to post.

Italy in early march

Where is the best place to visit in Italy in March? We're torn between all the different regions we've read about.
We will be on a tight budget

Posted by
78 posts

I'll have about 7-8 days for sightseeing.Havent driven in Italy but I have driven in England including downtown London.
Airfare will cost about $650 total with all taxes, fee's, etx

Posted by
78 posts

I'm inclined to rent a car, at least for a few days.Hilltowns sound nice or even some coastal towns.

Posted by
3551 posts

That is a loaded ques. Where do you land first? Italy is quite expensive so it matters even the hostels are costing more than they should. if you arrive in Milan then just stay close by in the North ie Lake como, verona, padua,daytrip to Venice. If you arrive in Rome visit and bus to Tuscany and around. you will spend alot in train fare, lodging and restaurant food. to get more help it would be best to be more specific. For me, I can't afford Italy or Britain anymore.

Posted by
78 posts

I can land in a few different locations for the same airfar.Depends on the recommended areas to see in march

Posted by
78 posts

We will have 7-8 days of actual sightseeing time.
The idea of renting one place for the entire time, maybe a nice town in the Tuscanty region, and taking mostly day trips, sounds exciting and relaxing..
From what Ive read a car would be a great addition to a trip like this.

Posted by
416 posts

Sidney,

I am going to Italy March 7-17 (actual days on the ground is 9). If you like dogs, there are dog shows in Gonzaga (the 8th and 9th) which is just south of Mantua (Mantova) and in Reggio Nell'Emilia (the 15th & 16th) which is between Mantua and Bologna. That is why I am going to be in Italy. If nothing else, it is an interesting back door and opportunity to meet locals! For this trip, I plan to stay in Nogarole Rocca (between Verona and Mantua) for the first 5 nights and then will split the rest of the time between Venice and Reggio Nell'Emilia.

Anyway, something to consider...