Please sign in to post.

Sorrento to Rome

Can anyone give me an idea what my connections would be in this instance by train. I guess we would need to get off at Naples and then onto Rome. I find the train site a bit confusing (lets face it, very confusing).

Posted by
68 posts

Thanks to both of you. Wondering what the bus trip is like - is it more picturesque than the train. Thinking we may catch train down to Sorrento and then bus back.

Posted by
7209 posts

The Circumvesuviana, a local commuter train, connects Pompeii Scavi to Naples main train station. From the Naples station you can catch trains to Rome Termini. It might sound confusing but it's really not.

Posted by
7209 posts

For me, bus travel is out because I am easily affected by motion sickness...not so on the train.

Posted by
9436 posts

The circumvesuviana from Sorrento to Naples is very easy (about 1 hr) and picturesque views from window. Train from Naples to Rome also easy, 1.5 hrs on some trains, 2 hrs on others depending on which train you take. Have you used the bahn.de website? It's the best and it makes it easy. Go to www.bahn.de then click in the top right for English, then put in starting and ending points and it will give you a schedule. You can then click below schedule for "more details". Hope this helps.

Posted by
68 posts

Sorry, but the bahn.de site appears to be for Germany or am I not clicking the right buttons.

Posted by
4555 posts

Carol...on the right near the top, just under the red banner, you'll see a little German flag with the word "deutsch" in a drop-down box next to it. Click on the arrow in the box, and a whole list of languages will come up.