Please sign in to post.

10 Days!!!

My husband and I leave in 10 days ~ very excited. Any last minute suggestions/tips/recommendations? We will be in Lake Como, Venice, Florence, Tuscany and Cinque Terre to celebrate our 25th anniversary.

Posted by
4407 posts

For here - called your bank: ATM and credit cards?...pet sitter and food?...bills paid? (I don't remember how long you'll be gone)...PASSPORTS - are they already packed inside your moneybelts in your luggage?...Anniversary cards (wink)?...keep watching the weather there in case you need to fine-tune your clothing (ex: lighter/heavier jackets)...need to take/fill prescriptions?...charge phones/iPods/cameras etc. AND PACK THE CHARGERS (and adapters)...interior house lights on timers (if you do that)?...double-check your 3-1-1 bag and get that lipgloss and hand lotion out of your purse :-(...if you're using backpacks as luggage start walking around the house a bit with them on (even if it's just a daybag)...have all copies of train tickets/vouchers, print-outs of hotel reservations, etc.?............Don't forget to hold hands...stop and look around as often as you think of it - enjoy the sunrises and sunsets...try all of the gelato...breathe deeply...wander off the main areas in Venice...soak in the history...somebody stop me LOL...Pack your patience!!!*********My husband and I spent our 25th in Italy, too - Congratulations!!! have fun!!!

Posted by
23267 posts

How unusual == we were in Italy for our 25th. Of course, that was like 55 years ago or it seems that way.

Posted by
3551 posts

Congrats to you an a great idea to celebrate in Italy. We did the same a few yrs back for our 25th. Have dinner in Varenna at Hotel Olivedo al fresco , Laura will take good care of you and her pumpkin gnocchi is to die for. Savor the incredible beauty and romance of varenna lakeside stroll bef or after dinner. Venice it ouzes of memories and romance, just relax! Tuscany enjnoy sampling wines, Florence be amazed at the museums and el Duomo, CT be casual and of course slow down take the ferry one way and walk the trail the other. Buon Viaggio!

Posted by
69 posts

How exciting!!!! We too leave in 3 weeks for Italy for our 25th anniversary!! We will be in Rome, Amalfi Coast, Venice and Tuscany. ENJOY!!!

Posted by
10221 posts

Great minds all think alike...we are in Italy right now to celebrate our 25th. All the same locations as you, and a few more. We are in Lucca right now. Two things come to mind...if you are taking a cell phone and it will work in Italy, be sure to notify your cell phone carrier. We have AT&T. I bought a SIM card here, but my husband was just going to use his phone as it. We did not notify AT&T and his phone will not work here. Eileen mentioned anniversary cards. I bought the card for my hubby ahead of time. Yesterday he snuck into a book store to buy mine... ;-) Have a great trip and Happy Anniversary!

Posted by
475 posts

Thank you all so much!!!! Such a great group and great ideas/suggestions :)

Posted by
81 posts

I just had to add my two cents. We just spent our 34th anniversary in Rome this year and to boot we had lunch with the priest that married us 34 years ago to the day. He is retired there now and had been at the vatican the last 30 years. Through family contacts we got his email address and were able to connect. That was special and what a wonderful source of Rome history he was too! Alex... enjoy your special time together and I hope you have something special planned!!!!!

Posted by
4407 posts

Frank, I assume you mean that in the 'time flies' sort of way, and NOT in the 'my life is a living hail' (wink) sort of way...;-)************That's pretty neat, Rudy! And FWIW - If your anniversary is in August, please don't insist to your partner that you MUST go to Italy in August...8^( ...it wasn't MY idea...and it will never happen again...

Posted by
32 posts

We leave for Italy Oct.13 for 21 days...It is our 40th wedding anniversary...traveling to Vencie, Verano, Bolzano, Florence, CT, back to Tuscany for a driving tour of the region...then our last stop ROMA...Enjoy your trip and have a Happy Anniversary. Bob

Posted by
475 posts

So nice that so many are celebrating anniversaries in Italy! Thank you for all the good wishes ~ same to all of you! Happy and safe travels!