Please sign in to post.

1 week in Northern Italy

Hi, we are planning a weeks vacation in northern Italy, we land in Milan on April 15; what should we do? lakes area for a week? Cinque Terria, Florence?
Love this country for traveling, ,can drive, train bus, just want to make the most of it. We have seen most of the south from Rome on down and will come back again, so no need to cram it all in. thanks

Posted by
4140 posts

The answer depends on where your interests lie . If you are an art lover , Florence is a no brainer . Having just spent twelve days there , ( second visit ) it is , while beautiful as ever , quite hectic , and , like many places in recent years , mobbed . If it is a " vacation " you want , the Lakes ( my favorite - Stresa , on Maggiore ) would be a good choice . As well , the area of The South Tyrol and the Dolomites is stunning , a heaven on earth .

Posted by
423 posts

Hello,
I would definitely do Lake Maggiore and Stresa, its beautiful, relaxing, with lovely shops and restaurants. The highlight for me was taking the funicular Mottorone- it is amazing!! You could also do a overnight or day trip to Locarno Switzerland from Stresa as well. I would also recommend a trip to Bergamo as well.

Happy Travels✨💫

Posted by
27122 posts

That's Holy Week, so Google for the websites of any major museums of interest to be sure you have current information on the days they will be closed.

I also recommend checking historical April weather stats for places you might visit, especially those where your activities would be primarily outdoors.