Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Vernazza?

Hello fellow travelers,
I searched this topic, and it looked as though most posts were more than 5 years old, so I thought I would ask for some recent recommendations for one night in Vernazza. There will be 4 of us, and we would love a view. We will be there in June, do you recommend AC?
Also, when we arrive in Cinque Terre, can we get to Vernazza by train easily? Anyone know how late the train runs?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Posted by
381 posts

At this late date you may need to settle on what you can get. We were in Vernazza in September 2016 and booked in January of that same year. Vernazza is an easy 15 minute train ride from La Spezia and 46 trains run a day.

Posted by
1206 posts

Vernazza rooms with a view next month are likely fully booked. You might look on booking.com to see if there is anything at all available. Otherwise, staying in La Spezia could be an option. Monterosso has more rooms than does Vernazza but, again, may well be fully booked for next month.

Posted by
15800 posts

As the others said, you're very late in game for reservations next month as accommodations - especially choice rooms with good rates, views and not a ton of steps/steep slopes to navigate - fill months in advance. My guess is that the best you could hope for is a cancellation. Anyway, you could get onto booking.com and see what might still be available at ALL in any of the villages that would suit. Along with La Spezia, Levanto is another 2nd choice if unable to find anything in the CT.

Anyone know how late the train runs?

You don't say where you're coming from but the trains generally run quite late. Choosing a random date in June (6th) the last train from La Spezia Centrale (which is a common station for train changes into the CT) to Vernazza is at 23:10.

But most accommodations are in small establishments without 24/7 desk services. Each will have its own check-in/check-out hours but I wouldn't plan on arriving very late in the evening.