Please sign in to post.

Village Italy Hotels

This may have been answered previously; but, I dont see it in my history. Was asking the names of the hotels at which the RS tour stayed.

Posted by
23267 posts

Not the correct section to ask the question. But call the Steves' office and ask them. Their hotel vary even with repeat tours. It just depends. His guidebook for Italy will list among others the hotels that they have used on their tours. Any of the recommendations in his guidebooks are good.

Posted by
119 posts

Our Village Italy tour last June:

Albergo al Fagiano, Padua;
Villa Pambuffetti, Montefalco;
Hotel Filippeschi, Orvieto;
Villa Lecchi Residenza D’epoca, Siena;
Albergo Celide, Lucca;
Albergo Primavera, Levanto;
Hotel La Bussola, Orta San Giulio

Posted by
133 posts

I am pretty sure they will not know the hotels for an April tour just yet. As stated above the hotels on any tour may be different from week to week. We have tried to find out in advance as you are and been disappointed to get a different set of hotels when officially notified Most hotels used are small and may have other commitments at any point in time. We generally get our hotels 2 or three months or so before departure. Sometimes sooner but I am sure RS office is working hard to finalize their contracts.

P.S. we have taken this tour and all the hotels were interesting and unique. Have fun

Posted by
106 posts

Thank you Robbie. We have not been disappointed with any of the RS hotels on our Spain and Scotland tours.