Please sign in to post.

Venice Room: View/balcony of canal AND outdoor breakfast terrace with view under 300 Euros?

For under 300 euros, does anyone know of any hotels or B&B with both a big window in the room that opens, preferably to a balcony on the grand canal (or other canal) AND an outdoor breakfast terrace that looks out on the grand canal, for under 300 Euros in July? I can only find one or the other. Thanks!

Posted by
1829 posts

We recently stayed in the Deluxe Double at this hotel.
http://www.palazzovitturi.com/deluxe-rooms/
They only have 1 room of this type, it is very unique, impressive and within your budget. They also have a larger suite with the same ceilings and terrace but think that would be out of budget ; maybe not if booked far enough in advance.

I highly recommend it though it does not sit on the grand canal or any canal so canal view is only in the distance.
I like the location though and it does have a nice sized private balcony/terrace overlooking the Piazza directly in front and the hotel also has a common area terrace also in front.

Breakfast for everyone is not normally served there, but you are welcome to go there as you please and can order drinks to that terrace. And it states on their website that if staying in these rooms they will serve breakfast on your terrace free of charge.
The hotel was excellent with many perks and a high level of service.

Posted by
171 posts

Try the Hilton on Giudecca Island. Located at the opening of the canal. Gorgeous views!

Posted by
42 posts

http://www.hotelmarconi.it/en/rooms/

I stayed here in June in one of the regular rooms. Didn't spring for the balcony room, which worked out since it rained the whole time I was there. The rooms are typically "Italian Renaissance" style, comfy bed and had a nice modern bathroom. Has a breakfast buffet but I'm sure you could bring food up to enjoy on the balcony.

Posted by
10 posts

Thank you for the great ideas! The idea of places on Giudecca Island was brilliant - things are a lot cheaper there (well not the Hilton, but others), and with great views! We are considering an apartment there. Thanks all!

Posted by
2699 posts

Just know that if you stay on Giudecca you will not be in Venice proper. You will need to take a boat back and forth.

Posted by
11052 posts

Remember that the canals serve as roads and thus can be noisy. We did not care for our stay at one of the 5*hotels for that reason. I would not stay on Giudeca rather in Venice proper. We really enjoyed our stay in the Canareggio district.

Posted by
1163 posts

Look at Ca' Bonvicini and google map the location. We stayed here two years ago. This is a boutique hotel with windows on a small canal which was quiet ! We had our breakfast delivered to us-just coffee, juice, yogurt, and breads. There was a small open terrace above our room which we enjoyed as well.

Posted by
4324 posts

Yes, the canals are the streets. So trash collectors, firemen, police, delivery boats all use them. It can get noisy and busy.

And as you note, there are MANY canals so don't just focus on the Grand Canal. We stayed at the Residenza (?) many years ago near Peggy Guggenheim's joint and overlooked a small neighborhood canal that was very pleasant.

Posted by
271 posts

I don't know if the place the last poster meant was Pensione Accademia, but it is near both the Accademia and the Guggenheim, and many of the rooms overlook a small canal. It was lovely, and I'd be happy to stay there again, but I don't know if it fits the budget.