Please sign in to post.

Venice - Luna Sentada and Wine Bar 5000 - Best meal on our entire two week Italian Dream Trip

Best restaurant and food experience of the trip. Stopped at Wine Bar 5000 to get out of the rain on our last day in Venice (and on our trip). Chatted with other patrons and the owner Micael. He waited on us and made the cichetti that was being offered. Fantastic! One of the best house wines we had in Italy. While sitting there and enjoying our wine and cicehtti, we asked Micael about the restaurant across the way. He is one of the owners of the restaurant as well. Decided to go there. His business partner Alfredo was running the restaurant. We asked Micael what he thought the best dish was they had. He said the fresh fish cooked by the customer at the table, on a Himalayan salt plate. He went across the street to the restaurant to see what fresh fish was purchased at the Venice fish market that morning that would be on the plate. The fresh fish was sea bass, calamari, and shrimp. We decided to go there for our last big meal on our trip.

Micael turned us over to Alfredo to take care of us for lunch at Luna Sentada. We knew we wanted the fresh fish dish and then let Alfredo recommend our appetizer and wine. Here is what we had, all of which was fantastic
• Pilgrim scallops “au gratin” with zucchini and curry
• Fresh fish (to be cooked by the customer) on Himalayan salt-plate with thai vegetables
• Tiramisu’ “Luna Sentada style” with coffee granite
• Kalrerersee Keil Wine (Vernatch/Schiava grape)
Alfredo and his staff provided outstanding service, excellent food, and wonderful suggestions.

We highly recommend this restaurant. You will need reservations for dinner. This is where you go when you want to have a really special meal.

I have pictures of our outstanding meal at Luna Sentada and at Wine Bar 5000. If interested in seeing them, let me know.

Posted by
786 posts

I'd definitely be interested. I'm collecting recommendations for our trip next May.