Please sign in to post.

Venice hotel recommendations??

We need a one night hotel in Venice, pre-Small Villages tour. Any recommendations? Thank you - Colleen and Darrell

Posted by
6113 posts

I don’t like noisy locations, so I stayed at Ai Mori d’Oriente Hotel in Cannaregio, which was perfect. Near all the action but quiet. We got a free room upgrade.

Posted by
8629 posts

Like Jennifer quiet is a preference.

Thus the Hotel Tiziono which is Far from the Maddening crowds.

25 minutes from the “sites” at St Marks Square.

Might not be your cup of tea but worked for me.

Posted by
2699 posts

Near St. Marks is our favorite hotel, The Flora https://www.hotelflora.it/. The key is to get a room facing the interior courtyard. That room will be quiet. Some rooms are quite small.

Posted by
126 posts

Ruzzini Palace Hotel is where we stayed a couple nights. Great location. Has it's own "square" in the front, small canal on the back. Great location to walk everywhere.

Posted by
16150 posts

Where is the tour staying? You might consider staying there, so you do not have to spend time changing hotels during the day.

Also, how are you arriving in Venice ( train or plane) and do you have any mobility issues? Some hotel locations require several bridge crossings, each with steps. Any budget concerns?

Posted by
3961 posts

I would second family run Hotel Flora. We also chose a room that faces the garden. Lovely hotel, quiet, short easy walk from Alilaguna or Vaporetto stop. We spent a week there late August 2018. The buffet breakfast was delicious. They make all their bakery items in house. You can enjoy having breakfast in the beautiful garden. Enjoy your stay!

Posted by
31 posts

We like the Grand Hotel Dei Dogi near the Madonna dell'Otero vaporetto station. It's in a quiet area, but just a 10 minute or so walk to the Grand Canal. It's nice to walk as the sun sets and see the locals just out doing every day things. The property is part of the Marriott Autograph Collection, so the staff is very comfortable with English and if you have Marriott points you can use them. Just because it's a Marriott, don't think cookie cutter hotel. It's an old building with plenty of charm, but modern in the ways that matter. The Madonna dell'Otero station has the advantage of being a stop for the Alilaguna to the airport.
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/vceak-grand-hotel-dei-dogi-the-dedica-anthology-autograph-collection/

Posted by
7232 posts

We like Hotel Ala for the location, and the vaporetto stop-to-Hotel doesn’t require you to carry your suitcase over a bridge.

Posted by
400 posts

I liked Locanda Fiorita in San Marco but about midway between Piazza San Marco, Rialto brindle, and the Accademia. Not an especially quiet area but not bad, and it’s a little walk from the vaporetto stop, but the location and service was nice for the budget.

Posted by
77 posts

We’re headed back in October to the Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo for the 2nd time- right near the San Stae vaporetto stop. A charming small hotel, mid-range, in the San Polo district. Having stayed once closer to San Marco, we prefer staying a bit further away from the hubbub. This location is still quite handy to the action via the handy vaporetto (we buy a pass). Highly recommend!

Posted by
1206 posts

Another vote for the lovely Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo. I've stayed there three times, and appreciate the quiet location, yet it's just steps from the San Stae vaporetto stop (no bridge to cross), only 3 stops from the train station, so makes for an easy location if you are just staying overnight. Beautiful rooms, wonderful staff, great breakfast, and also about a 12 minute walk to Rialto Bridge, so actually in a great location for seeing much of central Venice

Posted by
1817 posts

I agree with the others who have recommended Al Ponte Mocenigo. I loved it's just slightly out of the way, quiet location.