Please sign in to post.

Venice hotel recommendations

We would appreciate hotel suggestions for 2 nights in Venice prior to starting Village Italy tour in Padua.

Posted by
891 posts

We have been to Venice 3 different times, one of which was pre Village Italy tour. 2 times we stayed at Ca' Dogaressa in the Canarregio region, which we really liked. Liked the small hotel, the employees and the owner! We have only stayed in their Jr. Suites which have windows that look out onto the canal. It's nice, room is big and so is bathroom! Plus, the canal has daily traffic, but since it's a neighborhood, not a tourist attraction, it's quieter at night. Vaporetto stop close by and it's easy walking to/from the train station with luggage.

The other hotel we stayed at was Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo. It also had lots of employee support and friendly people. Just a bigger hotel and our room was very nice. I would stay at either again.

Neither hotel was right next to St. Mark's which is what I want. When people talk about Venice being walkable, I kinda laugh! You see much, much more by walking on a different route each time! So much more fun! Now, we always travel in fall, to late fall,
so the temperatures are better and the Cruise ships are fewer.

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a Great Time!
Mimi

PS Village Italy was our first RS tour and at the top of the list!

Posted by
2707 posts

We enjoy the Hotel Flora https://www.hotelflora.it/. It is small and some rooms are postage stamp size so when you reserve you want a larger room overlooking the garden. It’s close to St. Marks but just far enough away.

Posted by
3961 posts

Last fall we spent a week at Hotel Flora. Family run hotel, close to San Marco, but off the beaten path. Quiet with a lovely courtyard to enjoy the delicious breakfast. (All pastries made in house). Rooms were well appointed. Request a larger room that overlooks the courtyard. The Vaporetto is a 5 minute easy walk. This hotel is recommended by RS and many forum contributors. We would stay there again!
www.hotelflora.it

Posted by
138 posts

What is your budget? Hotels in Venice during the high-season are quite costly. We used Hotel Danieli and Splendid Venice before, can't say anything bad about them, apart from the size of a standard rooms. Venice is famous for its tiny hotel rooms, unless you take an upgraded category

Posted by
35 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Antico Doge in the Canarregio district. It is on a small canal with a nice square and good restaurants nearby. It is about 5 minutes from the Rialto Bridge. Good rooms, great service, good breakfast, convenient location.

Posted by
22 posts

In 2003 on the Rick Steves Europe tour we spent 2 nights at Hotel Pensione Guerrato in Venice. In 2013 we visited Venice for 4 days before a cruise and stayed there again. Love the location, but it's a shared bath, and there's no TV, still had a great time. www.pensioneguerrato.it

Posted by
7283 posts

We’ve been to Venice three times for several days. I would recommend Hotel Ala. It’s handy from the vaporetto stop, Santa Maria Del Giglio - don’t even need to cross a bridge with your luggage. And it’s handy to the sites you would want to see.

I noticed at least one of your responses is for a hotel off of the Venetian islands. Stay within the area “shaped like a fish” on the map to be handy for walking to sites.