Please sign in to post.

Venice Hotel

Looking for a hotel for 3 nights in mid-April. Don't need anything fancy. TIA!

Posted by
150 posts

Ca’Gottardi In Cannariegio very nice hotel and great people, three star

Posted by
133 posts

We stayed at Hotel Al Piave last October. It is also recommended by RS. The staff was very accomodating! Our room was clean and the bed comfortable. Each morning we awoke to the wonderful aroma of freshly baked croissants. Our daughter and sil were on their honeymoon and traveled with us. When I contacted Al Piave and inquired if they could do something special for the couple (for a small fee) they sprinkled rose petals on the bed, bought fresh flowers for the room and purchased a box of Italian chocolates. Our daughter was so moved by this gesture that she cried.

Posted by
4844 posts

Check out Pensione Guerratto. We've stayed there a couple of times and love the location. Close to Rialto Bridge, but easy to avoid the crowds with only a three minute walk. Nothing fancy, but very nice with good breakfast. Website is https://hotelguerrato.com/

Posted by
77 posts

We love the Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo, right down from the San Stae vaporetto in the San Polo quartiere. Lovely rooms and breakfast (outside in their charming small garden when weather permits). Quieter than the area around San Marco or the Rialto Bridge, but in a lovely neighborhood - a respite from the sometimes chaotic areas of Venice.

Posted by
104 posts

We loved the Hotel Flora. Tucked behind St. Mark's, but somehow completely serene. You'd never know you are so close to the action. Wonderful breakfast. If this weather is nice, you eat in a beautiful courtyard garden. It was quintessential Venice for us. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat (and I don't know that I'd stay anywhere else now!). The location can't be beat. Wherever you end up, enjoy your stay!

https://www.hotelflora.it/

Posted by
1206 posts

Another vote for Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo. Only steps - and no bridges - from the San Stae vaporetto stop (which is only 3 stops from the train station). Also a ten minute walk (or less) to Rialto Bridge. Many fewer staircases inside than Guerrato. Lovely staff, great breakfast, super clean and comfy, a range of prices of rooms. Also some great restaurants very close by; try Osteria Mocenigo, just a few doors down!

Posted by
43 posts

Another vote for Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo. Pay in cash for a discount.

Posted by
416 posts

We loved B&B La Villeggiatura

• Great location near Rialto, but away from the noise
  • Quiet street, good restaurants and bakeries
  • Awesome, helpful innkeepers
  • Spacious, evocative older room w comfy bed
  • Good value

• Stairs
Posted by
73 posts

Re heather’s hotel flora recommendation

How was your mattress?

I know someone who stayed there and their mattress was rock hard

How is it as far as ease of wheeling a suitcase- steps, stairs, elevator, cobblestones…

Posted by
104 posts

Hi JS. Hmm, I have to say that I don't remember anything one way or the other about the mattress - which tells me it must have been "OK." Our room was indeed up one flight of stairs, but the stairs themselves were very wide and easy to maneuver our bags. Full disclosure though: we are carryon only travelers, so we weren't lugging big luggage around (but I wouldn't want to do that anywhere in Venice - too many bridges, stairs, cobbles, etc...!). I'm not picky about hotels, but I've also reached a point in my life where I don't want to suffer just to save a buck or two. For me, the Hotel Flora was the perfect combination of charm, the "decayed elegance" that is Venice, convenience (location cannot be beaten!), quiet, and a reasonable price for the city. With that said, I can absolutely see how it might not be for everyone - if one wants the predictable rooms of a Hilton, the Flora is not the place. I don't say that at all dismissively - different trips call for different types of accommodations, and it's important to be aware of what one is looking for. :) I hope that helps.