Please sign in to post.

Tips and meeting other tour members of the Touring Southern Italy Oct. 10th-22 2016 group

Greetings! As I'm preparing for my Italy trip with my sister, I was wanting tips and maybe meeting other tour members. I have been looking at the forums and googling information. I have found some things to share. Wondering if anyone would like to share what they know or we can compare notes.

Posted by
3 posts

I am thinking about booking a dinner on our free night in Rome. I found a great website BonAppetour which features Romans cooking in their homes. Giving you a real authentic night with a Roman family. Wondering if anyone would like to join us?

Posted by
6287 posts

Lydia, try posting this in the Rick Steves Tours section of this Forum. (Middle column on the Forum page.) You'll get more responses there.

Posted by
6287 posts

Lydia, try posting this in the Rick Steves Tours section of this Forum. (Middle column on the Forum page.) You'll get more responses there.

Posted by
528 posts

Hi Lydia, I don't know how much time you have before your tour, but I have a few suggestions for you. I just returned from the South Italy tour and did two fun activities before the trip started.

The first was a cooking lesson with CookwithusinRome.com. This was great! Really enjoyed it. I also had a great food tour with EatingItalyfoodtours.com. Last year I did the Trastevere tour and this year the daytime Testaccio tour. Lots of delicious tidbits, you get oriented to these areas by walking with the guide, and introduced to food/vendors in the area.

Our tour stayed at the Hotel Smeraldo near the Campo di Fiori, so both of these activities were nearby. Across the street from this hotel is Roscioli - and I loved the pizza and pastries there.

You are going to have a fantastic time on that tour. Feel free to contact me with any questions!

Posted by
467 posts

We did Eatwith Barbara in Rome after our BOE14 day tour. It was a fun experience and one you could go by yourself. There is always a fun environment at Barbara's from reading her reviews. Enjoy your trip
This is similar to the site you mentioned.

Posted by
467 posts

We did Eatwith Barbara in Rome after our BOE14 day tour. It was a fun experience and one you could go by yourself. There is always a fun environment at Barbara's from reading her reviews. Enjoy your trip
This is similar to the site you mentioned.