Please sign in to post.

Sorrento-Calabria-Sicily October 2019

Hi, RS Forum Users! I've seen a couple of other people do this, so thought I would try it. We are headed to Calabria/Sicily for our 2nd time. Trying a few new things and contemplating Calabrian property. We have accommodations and car covered. Please offer suggestions, recommendations, questions!

Sorrento 3 days - thinking about day trip to Ischia - things to do? Best route?
Pizzo 5 days - Sites to see in the area? Not afraid of driving. Definitely Tarfufo and La Lampada, but hear this is an artist community. Can't find much about that. May try an olive oil tour but it is pressing season. Any recommendations?
Cefalu 3 days - repeat for us. We love this town.

Marsala 3 days - Considering day trip to Agrigento. Have heard one can have a cooking lesson at the Almond Museum. Thoughts? Any best islands to visit from here? Also, which salt flats should we visit?
Scilla 3 days - Site of most of the scenes from the Italian show Solo that we love as well as nearby Bagnara. The town is packing up for the year by now, since it is resort town, but are there towns nearby that should be seen?

Posted by
27063 posts

I didn't find the Egadi Islands terribly interesting. I suspect they are popular with Europeans because they are sandy and comparatively uncrowded (tickets for the boat trip are limited). But as an American, my focus in Europe is not lying on a beach, and there were a lot of more interesting things I could have done with the day I spent in the Egadis. Next time I go to Sicily I'll head to the Aeolian Islands even though that will take longer.

Posted by
11136 posts

If you haven’t been to the Valley of the Temples at Agrigento, make sure you include it. Absolutely stunning.