Please sign in to post.

Sienna area hotel

Has anyone stayed here ?

La Bagnaia Golf & Spa Resort Siena, Curio Collection by Hilton, SS223 km 56, 53016 Siena SI, Italy

Posted by
11130 posts

The Hilton resort you link says it is 20 minutes from Siena. Don’t stay in a US Hilton when you are in Tuscany! There are so many wonderful local places available. The Siena area is a good base.

Posted by
5579 posts

I was just in Siena. I am usually a person that is on the go visiting churches, museums, etc. In Siena, we spent more time strolling and relaxing on the del campo. It was fabulous. I think especially in Siena, to really enjoy the city, your accommodations need to be city center.

Posted by
3551 posts

I recon to stay in Siena. The experience of staying within the walls and walking around is special. I do not have any info about the resort.

Posted by
7260 posts

I'm a native of Manhattan, but I found Siena to be a very urban experience. We happened to be there the week of the Palio, which makes a big difference. While it is loaded with history, and is very different from Florence (for example), it's not very "Tuscan hilltown-y" in my book. I found navigating (by GPS, which doesn't help with ZTLs) and parking very difficult indeed. I read about large parking lots outside the walls, but I couldn't get to them. The GPS kept telling me to drive through the center of town to get there.

I eventually parallel-parked on a public street, just a stroke of luck. Then there was a steep hike up the hills and alleys to town.

Posted by
1059 posts

Our Rick Steves’ 17 Day Best of Italy Tour stayed at the Hotel Chiusarelli. A link to their website is:

https://www.chiusarelli.com/en/

There was plenty of parking if you are driving. The hotel was very nice and the location was great. I definitely would not stay outside of Siena. Siena is a great place to walk around in the evening. If you stay outside the city, you will be missing so much!

Posted by
11130 posts

We were in Siena for the Palio, no problems, a lot of fun.

Posted by
2 posts

my husband and I also saw this hotel and thought to stay in it.Tell me it is very popular among tourists? Would not really like to get into the season when a large flow of tourists to enjoy the moment