Please sign in to post.

Sicily tour in December 2022

My husband and I will be taking the Sicily tour this December. We are arriving in Palermo two days before the tour is scheduled to begin. Unfortunately, the first tour hotel does not have a room for the first night we are in Palermo, so we need to select another hotel. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone have a recommendation for another hotel in Palermo for a one-night stay? Also, is the station for the bus from the airport to the first tour hotel located in the Palermo airport? Thanks.

Posted by
2374 posts

Welcome to the forum!

Just to be clear, have you emailed the hotel explaining you are on the tour, or just checked their online reservations?

I took the shuttle from the airport and it was easy.

Posted by
2 posts

Yes, I did let the hotel know we were on the RS tour. They did not have a room available on December 5 (our arrival date). They only had availability on December 6 (the day before our tour starts).

Posted by
44 posts

We stayed at Hotel Garibaldi in Palermo for 2nights prior to RS Sicily tour in 2019. Took the bus from airport, had a copy of the location and address from Google maps to show the driver and he practically dropped us off in front of the place! It is a very reasonably priced hotel, clean, nice breakfast, and we were possibly the only Americans there. And you get to explore a part of Palermo you won’t see on your tour! The location is not a bad walk to the tour hotel.

Posted by
3160 posts

You will receive detailed instructions in your tour info on how to get from the airport to your tour hotel. Too early to be concerned with that now.

Posted by
2455 posts

The RS tour schedule indicates there is another Sicily Tour starting Dec 4, so the hotel may be reserving most or all of their rooms for that group on Dec 4 and 5. I faced a similar situation some years ago, and ended up spending my first two nights in Sicily in Erice, among the highlights of my visit.

Posted by
94 posts

You didn't say which hotel is booked for the tour and doesn't have availability for an extra night.

It happened to us, but it wasn't a problem to book another hotel close by. Here is where we stayed.
BB22 Charming Rooms & Apartments Via Pantelleria, 22 (Corner Largo Cavalieri di Malta) 90133 PALERMO 4997 + XQ Palermo, PAOK OWN HOTEL
https://www.bb22.it/en/

Posted by
83 posts

We are scheduled for the September 6 tour. We arrive on Saturday, and I was unable to make a reservation for the two nights before the tour begins.

I contacted the RS office and they recommended two hotels - Palazzo Corvino and Hotel del Centro. We booked a refundable room at Hotel del Centro. The hotel is walking distance to the tour hotel. Palazzo Corvino does not have an active website which makes making reservations difficult.

Posted by
13 posts

My wife and I are taking the 11 say Sicily tour which starts in Palermo on Sunday December 4th. We planned to arrive in Palermo a couple of days early and try to visit additional that are not on the tour. (I am visiting this forum to look for ideas and recommendations for these 2 days).

Anyway, before booking our flight into Palermo, I called the hotel which RS are using (Ambasciatori) and they did have a room available for the Friday and Saturday nights prior to the tour. We have an email booking confirmation and subsequently booked our flight into Palermo.

There could be cancellations at any time so I would suggest that you try again if you have not already found a room.

Posted by
1 posts

I will also be on the Dec 7 Sicily tour, arriving Dec 5. Thank you for the recommendations of other places to stay