Please sign in to post.

Restaurant in Rome

We are headed to Rome for a few days and I’m looking for restaurant recommendations Possibly a steak place and pasta/pizza of course . A place with sushi would be nice too. Thank you.
Btw we are staying at Le Meridian Visconti but we can walk a bit for a good place

Posted by
205 posts

One of my favorite restaurants in Rome is Il Sorpasso, which is about a 12 minute walk from your hotel. It’s usually crowded so I’d recommend making a reservation.

Posted by
11159 posts

Highly recommend Armando al Pantheon . Book reservations online ASAP.

Posted by
56 posts

For pizza:

Dar Poeta, in Trastevere. Not too far from the Ponte Sisto.

Pizzeria da Remo, in Testaccio.

Buon appetito!

Posted by
11322 posts

CorrieTen, Two of my favorites!

Another pizzeria we loved when we lived there was LaPratolina which is a short walk from your hotel. Reservations essential in my experience. La Pratolina serves a unique pizza called "pinse" in contrast to the traditional thin Roman type at Da Remo and Dar Poeta's which is unique to that restaurant.

Not far from your hotel (10 minutes in a cab or a 25 minute walk), in an area few travelers seek out, is a fabulous Sicilian restaurant Siciliainbocca. Do make a reservation. Superb seafood.

When we lived there, there was a new sushi place not far from La Pratolina, called Zen Sushi. I know nothing about it other than where it is.

Posted by
365 posts

salumeriaroscioli.com

Can’t recommend it enough - life changing pasta recommended to us by darn near everyone celeb to chefs to friends.

Posted by
30 posts

We stayed at Le Meridian Visconti a few year ago and ate four times (!) at Pizzeria San Marco, which is like two blocks away. It is fabulous! Great pizza but also many other things - risotto, pasta, hamburgers, fish, etc. It’s a giant menu - and I now follow them on Instagram and they have celebrities there all the time - like local soccer stars, etc. It was always crowded - with no one else speaking English.

Posted by
10 posts

Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions! Last night we had Pizzeria San Marco per a recommendation at the hotel and it was very good. My husband said it was the best lasagna he had ever eaten.
I’ll look at the other suggestions for the rest of our visit.