Please sign in to post.

Oblate Sisters of the Assumption - quoted 110 euros per night in November

I know hotel prices aren't exact and Rick Steves does his best to put the rates in his travel books for busiest time of the year. But, I was checking out the Oblate Sisters of the Assumption in Florence. Rick has 90 euros per night. I went to their website (Sanctuary B&B Firenze (Florence)) requested a quote for November 2016 dates (not busiest time) and they quoted me 110 euros per night.

I guess I was hoping - since it was run by the sisters and off season, it would be a little more reasonable. I sent them an email letting them know about the 90 euros found in Rick Steves book, but it's been some time and I haven't received a response.

It was the perfect location and atmosphere.... Any thoughts?

Posted by
11613 posts

Guidebook prices often change in reality, due to the length of time between getting the quoted price and publishing the book.

Sounds like the official price is 110€.

Posted by
7061 posts

How many nights are you talking about? If it's 3 or 4 nights, then I think you might consider raising your budget by €20/night (€60-80 more) to get something in the right location with good reviews and recommendations.

Posted by
16007 posts

Guidebook prices often change in reality, due to the length of time
between getting the quoted price and publishing the book.

Exactly. Details can change between the time a guidebook is printed and what's accurate today. If the Sanctuary's website quoted you 110€, then that's what it is.

Posted by
439 posts

We stayed at RELAIS hotel centrale in Nov 2012. We paid 92 euros/night, included breakfast. I just did a quick check on hotels.com, they only want $70 per night but it looks like they only have weekends available. It t was a great location, few blocks from th train station, few blocks from the duomo. It was a very clean hotel.

Posted by
17 posts

Thank you all so much! I sent another email to the Oblate Sisters and they will give us a rate of 100 euros per night....We will be there 3 nights. I want a different experience from the traditional hotel. And, I want to be able to attend daily mass.

Again, I want to thank all of you for sharing your thoughts with me. It really helped me with my decision.