Please sign in to post.

Moderate Hotel/B & B recommend for Verona?

Please advise a recommendation for a moderate small hotel or B & B in Verona. We plan to go this coming October. Thank you in advance for any suggestions. Karen

Posted by
27101 posts

Karen, I think you'll get some help if you define "moderate" in terms of euros per night per room and tell us whether "we" is two people or some specified larger number.

I haven't been to Verona myself, so I cannot help.

Posted by
4823 posts

The Hotel Torcolo is located very conveniently located to everything. Close to Piazza Bra, the coliseum, and other points of interest. But then location is not super important as Verona is small enough to walk everywhere.

Posted by
267 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Firenze- Best Western. Well place for walking everywhere. We walked with luggage from the train station and walked all over Verona. It was very nice and didn't have a "chain"" feel at all. Great breakfast buffet. We still speak fondly of it from time to time.

Posted by
13 posts

We just stayed at B & B il Maestro - bebilmaestro.it (site has an English language selection). It is a 5 minute ride from the center of Verona, but they will provide a ride into the center of Verona and will pick you up when you are done for the day. We were given an excellent recommendation for dinner and they made the reservation for us. They are a lovely family. The room we had was large, lovingly well-decorated, and comfortable. The bathroom was very large with a large shower. Breakfast was included - delicious and abundant. I wish we had been able to spend a couple more days here at their B & B, but it was just an overnight stop this time to another destination.

Posted by
370 posts

We also stayed at Hotel Torcolo, very nice and convenient to piazza Bra. The owners will help you with any questions you have and their recommendations are great!