Please sign in to post.

Malta

Any advice for accommodations in Malta? My husband and I might travel there in Feb for a few days before heading to Sicily. Thank you.

Posted by
8293 posts

We stayed at the Preluna Hotel in Sliema, on the waterfront. Bus to Valletta stops at the door.

Posted by
77 posts

I stayed at Castille Hotel, right inside the walls of Valletta near the upper Barrannka garden. Very convenint for seeing Valletta and access to ferries for across the harbor. Good price, nice enough place would stay again.

Posted by
77 posts

We loved the Ursulino Valletta when we stayed in Malta in early June 2018 following 2+ weeks in Sicily. A charming small boutique hotel in the heart of Valletta- convenient location, wonderful breakfasts and complimentary afternoon happy hour, fabulous rooftop patio with views over the water. Great service too- highly recommend.

Posted by
7049 posts

I stayed in this apartment in Valetta - it was very nice and centrally located.
https://www.booking.com/hotel/mt/barrakka-suites.html

I would guess that some of these stone buildings could get quite cold in winter (I have no idea what they do for heat, I don't remember seeing radiant heat). It was blazing hot in September, when I went.

Posted by
1293 posts

We've stayed twice at the Grand Hotel Excelsior Malta. As you might infer from the ridiculous name it's a fairly plush/posh hotel, although modern with lots of facilities (and little character). However, in low season it can be fairly cheap - that should be true in February, unless perhaps you're there during Carnival. The hotel has great rooms and dining facilities, including an excellent "international" breakfast buffet. And it is well located for Valletta and the central bus terminal. Be aware it is a short, but steep uphill walk from the hotel to these.