Please sign in to post.

Lodging near Venice Airport

Driving to Venice area & looking for a 1-night stay before a mid-morning flight home from VCE (in early June). Convenient, clean, good beds and A/C. Ideas?
Not planning on heading into Venice - just flying out of the airport after 2 weeks of sightseeing elsewhere.

Posted by
7299 posts

You don't give the month of the year or if you are visiting Venice just before. Sometimes it is possible to book a water taxi (yes, it's expensive) that gets to the airport early enough even for morning flights. What time is your flight, and is it to the USA? Yes, if the flight is really early, it's safest to be at the airport. Do you want On-Airport or near the airport? It's likely to be a chain, either way.

Posted by
6504 posts

There's no hotel right at the airport. I stayed at the nearby Parkhotel Annia one night after a late arrival. It was fine, except that they tried to charge me in dollars instead of euros (aka Dynamic Currency Conversion, a good way to lose money). If you stay there, insist on paying in euros (credit card is OK). I expect they have AC though I didn't pay attention since it was October. They have a shuttle to and from MCO.

There are also a Marriott and a Best Western a little farther from the airport, probably both with shuttles.

Posted by
4699 posts

There's a Marriott Courtyard about .5 mile from the Venice airport, but I don't think it's walkable. They do have a shuttle, however.
Safe travels!

Posted by
3551 posts

I have stayed at Best Western Titian twice. They have a shuttle but u must call for it once at Venice airport upon arrival, there is a charge. However there is a public bus in from
of hotel that goes to Venice city.

Posted by
5835 posts

The Courtyard by Marriott is about 1 km from VCE. Courtyard has a airport shuttle that I understand now has a small charge. No sidewalks. Clean and good beds. I was there during the winter and can't comment on A/C.

Posted by
11179 posts

Driving to Venice area & looking for a 1-night stay before a mid-morning flight home from MCO (in early June).

MCO is the code for Orlando Intl.

Which "Venice" are you talking about?

edit-- OP now has correct airport code

Posted by
771 posts

A few years ago we stayed at Venice Resort Hotel under the same circumstances. We arrived by car with no intention of going into Venice proper. They have free parking and an airport shuttle and free breakfast. It was about 100 euros. We drove to the airport the next morning and dropped the car off. There was a restaurant a short walk away where we had dinner.
There is a public bus that goes into Venice from there that doesn’t take too long, if you’re inclined.

Posted by
20089 posts

I'll second Venice Resort, but I'm not sure about A/C. Very good breakfast though.