Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Venice

Where is a no frills but clean place to stay in Venice?

Posted by
27138 posts

You could get a lot of suggestions here and find every one of them booked up for the nights you need. When will you be in Venice? What is your nightly budget in euros, and how many people are you housing?

I know several people here have recommended staying in monasteries. Some are listed on the website monasterystays.com, but if you can find a direct-booking website for an individual accommodation, you'll probably save money.

The very cheapest places most likely will not be air-conditioned (possibly leading to misery if you're traveling in the summer) or have an elevator.

Posted by
1039 posts

Look up Pensione Guerrato. Listed in RS guides, fantastic location (near Rialto, fish market, Grand Canal vaporetto stop, great restaurants).

Posted by
6522 posts

I liked Pensione Guerrato, especially the location, but it has no elevator, the lobby is one floor up from the street, and the rooms are above that. A good choice if you don't mind stairs.

Posted by
2743 posts

My first choice is https://www.cortecampana.com/ The B&B only has three bedrooms and at this late date for 2024 is probably booked (I booked 10 months in advance). Email Riccardo and Grace to find out. There is a flight of stairs up to the elevator which goes up three more flights to the B&B. I'm staying there in September for the second time.
I've also stayed at https://www.rosasalvahotel.it/?lang=en It's costs more, modern hotel and doesn't have as much Venice ambiance. Both are near San Marcos.

Posted by
5597 posts

We are also staying at B&B Corte Campania in September. I have been beyond impressed with the amount of help they have given me as I plan my trip. They have not only provided help for planning an itinerary for Venice, they've been helpful as I plan for the entire region. It is recommended in the RS guide, but seems to also be mentioned a fair amount in the forum.

Posted by
151 posts

I’ve stayed twice at Casa Caburlotto, a former convent about 10 mins walking from Ple Roma or 15mins from train.

It’s extremely clean, great a/c in each room, and choice of private or shared bath. Shared bath saved a few dollars and it was always available, just outside my bedroom door.

Very quiet at night, then birds chirping in the morning in the courtyard, where the nuns do their gardening. Simple breakfast is served and a small kitchen area for guests- table, refrigerator and microwave. Very convenient if you have leftovers from dinner or buy fruit from the local market.

Enjoy!!!

Note: They DO lock the front doors btw midnight and 6am, if that’s a concern.