Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Rome

We intend to visit Rome on our own next spring and really concentrate on that great city. Does anyone have recommendations for hotels that are centrally located and convenient to public transportation? We would like to spend between $100 and $150 per night.

Posted by
23267 posts

We always stay in the Terminn area for convenience to local transit. The hotels we prefer at Sonya and Aberdeen. Contilla is OK but breakfast was very average. The question should have been posted in the Q and A under Italy and in the review section.

Posted by
6291 posts

We also stay in Termini area. Our favorite hotel is the Aberdeen. Clean, quiet, good breakfast, great staff. And a small lounge area with travel books and a public computer. Walking distance to many sights, and close to Metro and bus stops.

Our Best of Europe tour this year stayed at the Sonia, and we liked it, too; just not as well. No problems with it though. And the breakfast there had the best mortadella I have ever had in my life.

Posted by
3843 posts

We stayed on the Via Del Corso at Hotel Regno. Great location, near the Pantheon, and great breakfast. We went in February and paid under 100€, but I don’t know how much it costs in the Spring. We walked everywhere, the the bus was on the corner if needed.

Posted by
8141 posts

I'd be glad to stay in the Pantheon area for 100 Euros. Decent restaurants are in the area too. Many sights are within walking distance of there too.

We usually stay in the neighborhood of the Ottaviano/San Pietro metro stop. Plenty B&Bs are within 2-3 blocks of the station, and okay restaurants are close. You can see the walls of the Vatican from there, and the Vatican Museum entrance is very close. We ride the metro from Termini--quick and efficient.

Posted by
11156 posts

Use Booking.com, enter your price point and see what is available. We prefer to stay in the Pantheon/ Piazza Navona area.

Posted by
1056 posts

Here’s another vote for Aberdeen. Have stayed there twice and would happily stay there again.

Posted by
4829 posts

Don't know how their rates at that time will mesh with your budget, but here is a place you should check out. We have stayed at Hotel Fontanella Borghese many times and have always been pleased. While it is not "luxury", it is very nice and the location is great. The staff is very friendly and helpful. You can walk to Spanish Steps, Pantheon, Nuvona, even Vatican city. They also have a sister hotel closer to the Pantheon called Hotel Due Torri. We always send an email directly with our request for a booking and we get an answer back in 24 hours or less. Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard as rooms overlooking the side street can get noisy. The web site is www.fontanellaborghese.com. Check it out and see what you think.