Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Milan

Looking for a moderate priced hotel in Milan. Near the Duomo would be nice, but not necessary as long as transit is nearby.

Posted by
482 posts

I enjoyed my recent stay at Hotel Berna near the train station. It’s a quick subway ride from the hotel to the Duomo, or anywhere else for that matter. Helpful staff and a great breakfast!

Posted by
3046 posts

We stayed in Ibis Milano Centrale, which is nowhere near the Duomo. Plenty of transport options to easily get around in Milan, however. Great breakfast, rooms OK.

Posted by
7288 posts

I’ve stayed in Hotel Berna a couple of times. The staff is very nice, and the breakfast is very nice. The little rubber duck they leave in the sink is a cute touch. If you book a room on their site, you can request which free items you would like waiting for you in the refrigerator.

The immediate streets aren’t full of ambiance. If I was staying several nights, I would pick something closer to the Duomo.

Posted by
13943 posts

I’ve stayed twice at the Grand Duca di York which is 5 minutes from the Duomo. Last time was for a couple of nights in late September 2022. Wonderful staff, great breakfast, comfortable rooms.

Posted by
11159 posts

We stayed across from “ The Last Supper”, a tram ride or walk to the Duomo, at Antica Locanda Leonardo. We loved that it had a garden and was set back away from noise, so quiet. Enjoyed the area.We never stay near train stations.

Posted by
967 posts

I've stayed twice at the Grand Duca di York and really liked it. Great location only a few minutes walk from the Duomo, helpful front desk, and unusually good breakfast.

Posted by
19 posts

We stayed at Berna because of its proximity to the train station. and busses. Neighborhood was ok, some restaurants to pick from. A bus ride away from Duomo, etc. Good breakfast and friendly staff. Near the Duomo is very crowded, we thought.