Please sign in to post.

Hotel Select Garden 2015

We stayed at one of your recommended hotels, Select Garden, Rome, during our recent trip in October. We were less than impressed. Despite being a 3 floor hotel, there was no elevator. With the exception of Manuel, the hotel staff was not inviting. We never got to meet the owners although we did ask about them. We asked the clerk if we could leave our luggage when we checked out the following day, and she said no problem, but the next day we found they had no enclosure and simply left them in the open sitting area, out of view of the staff. I would not return there.

Posted by
4 posts

This is not good news as I have just booked a room here. Other than the staff and the lack of elevator was the area overall okay?

Posted by
8293 posts

Small-ish European hotels often do not have elevators. Unfortunately, you did not ask about this when you booked.

" .... the hotel staff was not inviting." What does this actually mean?. What is your complaint about the staff?

Posted by
3 posts

What I did like about this hotel, and the reason we chose it is that it was located within walking distance to the metro/train station. The area in which it was located was fine. The hostess at the desk was not very friendly or helpful with our questions, hopefully you will have better luck.