Please sign in to post.

Hotel Rialto in Venice

In Venice for three nights- first time; Hotel Rialto looks like perfect location -- any input?

Posted by
1025 posts

The hotel looks beautiful. You are, however, at tourist Ground Zero. That means noise and congestion which could be a problem. As long as you are cool with that, it looks like a great choice and you certainly ARE in the center of things.

Posted by
16232 posts

We have not stayed there, but I know the location well. The canal-facing rooms have a lovely view but would be noisy, being right above the vaporetto docks. And the walkway along there tend to be very crowded all the time. I pwesonally would not avoid it for those reasons; I would just plan to ducking through the sottoporteggio to a quieter back street immediately upon exiting the hotel.

Have you looked at the reviews on TripAdvisor?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187870-d205795-Reviews-Hotel_Rialto-Venice_Veneto.html

The ones complaining about the lack of a tea kettle in the room, and no AC in October, seem rather petty. And the flooding? The owner's response drew a "bravo" from me. I might consider staying there for that reason alone.

Posted by
2124 posts

Hi bob, I stayed at the Hotel Rialto 20 years ago. I loved Venice and have good memories of trip and the hotel. We had a large room with a double bed and a twin. We could see a bit of the canal from one of the windows. The hotel was well located, right next to the Rialto Bridge. We had a nice dinner at the outdoor cafe in front of the hotel (it may have been part of the hotel). I’d stay there again.