Hi everyone, we are a couple who travelled Italy during December and January 2014.
We loved this beautiful country. We did a lot of hiking and walking in the Alps and Dolomites. We did also skiing in Madonna di Campiglio and Cortina in North Italy. Facilities were world-class.
The best cities we visited are:
1) ROME - We stayed at B&B Smart, central, welcoming, extremely clean B&B. We really enjoyed the large and sunny rooms, our stay was fantastic all at a budget price. Isabella was extremely helpful and kind. We highly recommend it.
2) TURIN - best spots: Mole Antonelliana, Egyptian Museum, Piazza Madama, Castello and all the royal palaces. This is the capital of Italian finest chocolate and first Italian capital.
We stayed Hotel Due Monti, a clean very close to the station bargain hotel. Not fancy and extremely clean, but cheap.
3) FLORENCE - we stayed at Sette Angeli, near the station, with fridge and self catering kitchen. Bargain but no elevator (third floor). Francesco and Jacopo helped us the luggage and booking the tickets for the opera show. http://www.setteangelirooms.com
4) MILAN- we stayed at Antica Locanda Leornardo, we loved the little inside garden and the large rooms with wooden floors. It was a little far from the city city but close to the metro station. http://www.anticalocandaleonardo.com/it/
5) VENICE - we stayed at Al Campaniel, great location near vaporetti station. The rooms were inviting, the owner Marco was super friendly and helpful. http://www.alcampaniel.com
Stefy and Carlos