Please sign in to post.

Hotel Recommendation in Venice

Hi All
We look forward visiting Venice at late Feb. I have two hotels in my mind to stay in Venice for 3 nights, the first is Antico Doge and the second is Al ponte mocenigo. So please what would you recommend ?

Posted by
16190 posts

We have not stayed at either, but I know that Al Ponte Mocenigo is a favorite on another travel forum I follow (Fodors). It is also much less expensive than Antico Doge for the same dates in February that I compared. MaKe sure you book a refundable rate.

Posted by
72 posts

I have stayed at Hotel Abbazia three times. This hotel was a monastery previously, it is very clean, has a nice courtyard to enjoy breakfast which in my opinion is one of the best layouts I have had in Italy. This hotel is on a quiet lane close to the train station. Not sure of costs but I don't remember complaining about it.

Posted by
1206 posts

I haven't been to the first you name. I have stayed at Al Ponte Mocenigo three times and each time experienced the staff to be extraordinarily friendly and helpful, the rooms to be lovely, clean and comfortable, the breakfast to be wonderful, and the location to be perfect. I would be staying there again next spring except that their prices have risen beyond my budget.

Posted by
3961 posts

We have not stayed at either hotel but as mentioned up thread Al ponte mocenigo has been recommended on the forum. I can recommend Hotel Flora. We stayed a week in 2018 and were very pleased with the quiet location, the comfortable room, and excellent breakfast. https://www.hotelflora.it/

Posted by
4080 posts

Love, love love al Ponte Mocenigo. It's about a 20 minute walk to St Mark's or a 30 second walk to the vaporetto stop to get you there. Plenty of restaurants in the area.

Posted by
3 posts

Went to Venice in mid November and it was fantastic. Splurged and stayed at the Hotel Londra Palace. The view of the lagoon was spectacular. Staff could not have been more helpful and arranged for our covid tests to be done in the hotel. I would also say we had excellent food and would highly recommend Osteria Boccadoro. A bit off the beaten path near Calle Widmar, but lovely fresh fish and an enthusiastic wait staff.

Posted by
1159 posts

Another vote for Hotel Abbazia. Also Antiche Figure is a very nice hotel just over the bridge from the train station on the Grand Canal.