Please sign in to post.

Hotel Recommendation

I am looking for a hotel recommendation for 3 days in Rome post cruise within walking distance to sights in October 2020 also 1 day pre cruise in Venice in September 2020.

Posted by
3961 posts

Rome: www.hotelresidenzacellini.it. We stayed there twice. Close to Termini and walking distance to sights.

Venice: www.hotelflora.it. Walking distance to major sights.

Both hotels include delicious breakfasts, well appointed rooms, quiet, elevators, air conditioning... I would gladly recommend both accommodations.

Posted by
11136 posts

ROME-Very well located on a quiet side street between the Pantheon and Piazza Navona, Hotel Palazzo Navona.
VENICE/ We also stayed at Hotel Flora. It is near San Marco which I usually avoid but the hotel has an inner courtyard so is a peaceful respite. Nice sitting outside in courtyard for breakfast.
Enjoy these cities,

Posted by
3826 posts

We stayed at Hotel Regno on the Via Del Corso. You could see the “wedding cake” down the block. It is situated between the pantheon and trevi fountain

Posted by
2702 posts

Second for the Hotel Flora in Venice. Recently we stayed at The Lancelot in Rome. It’s where the RS Best of Rome tour stays. Just a short walk to the Coliseum, Roman Forum, St. Peter in Chains. Family run and they serve a dinner each night if you just can’t bear to visit another restaurant. Was 25 Euro’s pp with unending wine. The family and staff are lovely and will be very helpful with logistics. Write the name and address on a card for the taxi driver. It’s on a side street some of them did not recognize at first.