Please sign in to post.

Hotel Portoghesi in Rome

Just wondering if any of you have recently used this hotel for your Rome visit. I am traveling with family of 4 in addition to my husband and I and thought that the apartment at this location sounded like a good option for the family of 4. Does anyone have any thoughts on this hotel Thanking everyone in advance for their time and thoughts.

Posted by
53 posts

In doing more research I have come across a few other hotels which may be worth consideration. If anyone has any comments about any of these please share. We will need 2 rooms...one for the family of 4 and one room for myself and husband. Here are the other considerations.
Thanks in advance for your time and thoughts.

Hotel Lancelot
Arch Rome Suites
Albergo Santa Chiara
And the Hotel Portoghesi listed in the original posting.

Thanks again!!

Posted by
212 posts

Not recently but used it 6 years ago and then again maybe 4 years ago. We loved the location, a 5 minute charming walk to Piazza Navona, 6 minutes to the Pantheon, 12 minutes on foot to Castel San'Angelo. The roof deck is a joy.

Posted by
53 posts

Kate, are you referencing the Hotel Portoghesi? Thanks so much.

Posted by
14 posts

Stayed at the ALBERGO Santa Chiara in May 2022 in a junior suite I think they called it. The hotel is very clean and efficient. The location is fantastic. My quibbles were the sheets were scratchy and the tub in our room was extremely high- like fall and break your leg high. Also it was a bit hot all the time - like they were reluctant to use the air conditioning. I would stay again but maybe I’d know better to ask for a different room.

Posted by
29 posts

Yes. The apartment has two single beds in the bedroom (which can be pushed together if desired), and a fold out couch in the living room. The couch isn’t super comfortable and the AC is barely sufficient when there is a heat wave (which there was). It can be pretty loud as the restaurant next door has its outdoor seating right outside - but this can be reduced by shutting the door between the living room and entryway/ bathroom area. Also it’s pretty expensive. Pluses are the location as mentioned by others, a very large bathroom and shower, and helpful front desk staff (plus they sell large bottles of water for store prices).